History of Tuscarawas County Enhanced 9-1-1 Services
• On November 9, 1992, the Tuscarawas County Commissioners passed Resolution 676-92 establishing the Tuscarawas County Enhanced 9-1-1 (E9-1-1) Planning Committee.
• On August 5, 1993, the Tuscarawas County Commissioners passed Resolution 509-93 and the E9-1-1 Implementation Plan was accepted.
• On December 8, 1994, the E9-1-1 Central Dispatch Center officially began operations at the Tuscarawas County Justice Center.
• On September 21, 2001, the Board of County Commissioners transferred operations of the E9-1-1 Central Dispatch Center to the Sheriff’s Office by passing Resolution 609-2001.
• On June 26, 2006, the E9-1-1 Central Dispatch Center was fully renovated, which included a new mapping system, county-owned paging system and an upgraded radio system.
• On July 22, 2008, the E9-1-1 Central Dispatch Center was certified as Phase II Wireless compliant and began receiving callback numbers along with longitude and latitude coordinates from cell phone callers with an accuracy level consistent with FCC regulations.
Tuscarawas County Sheriff’s Office E9-1-1 Central Dispatch Center
Our E9-1-1 Central Dispatch Center answers all 9-1-1 emergency calls for our County and also answers non-emergency calls for our County’s public safety agencies. In addition, our E9-1-1 Central Dispatch Center provides dispatching services for area police departments, fire, EMS and other County agencies.
Our E9-1-1 Central Dispatch Center employs certified 9-1-1 Telecommunicators, who are also certified emergency medical dispatchers. Using current technology and old-fashioned teamwork, our 9-1-1 Telecommunicators are able to simultaneously dispatch the appropriate public safety responder while you are on the telephone requesting emergency assistance.
Business Special Instructions
Our E9-1-1 Central Dispatch Center has the ability to enter any special instructions and after hour contact numbers to area businesses. This allows our 9-1-1 Telecommunicators to relay information to our first responders prior to arriving to the incident location or to contact key personnel if an emergency arises afterhours. If you are interested in having special instructions entered into our system, please call 330-339-2000 and ask for a form to be sent to you. You can also download a form below for business and e-mail your completed information to E911Dispatch@co.tuscarawas.oh.us.