MORTGAGE FORECLOSURES – sold online on Thursday at 9:00 AM
TAX FORECLOSURES – sold in lobby of Tuscarawas County Sheriff’s Office on Thursdays at 10:00 AM
NOTICE OF ONLINE SHERIFF SALES
Beginning on September 1st, 2022, the Tuscarawas County Sheriff’s Office will conduct the sale of all real estate subject to foreclosure on the “Official Public Sheriff’s Sale Website” which is operated by Realauction based on a contract with the Ohio Department of Administrative Services. The process and procedures under which these sales will be completed are detailed at the Realauction website https://tuscarawas.sheriffsaleauction.ohio.gov. All prospective bidders should familiarize themselves with this new process. Properties will be able to be viewed on the website starting August 1st, 2022.
In general, the following key points are noted:
- All person(s) who want to bid on a property offered by the Tuscarawas County Sheriff’s Office must register with Realauction. Registration will include completion of the Purchaser Information Form.
- Properties will be open for bid, at least seven days immediately prior to the date of sale. This is generally known as a proxy bid.
- Each Thursday at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (EST), the online auction will begin. Auction will be conducted for each individual property; however only one property will be sold at a time. After a property is sold the next scheduled property sale will begin.
- To be a qualified participant, bidders must submit a deposit based on the total deposit requirement ($2,000/ $5,000/ $10,000 set by law) for all properties on which the bidder wishes to bid by the predefined deadlines. The only acceptable deposit types are bank wire transfer or ACH, no cash deposits will be accepted. All Wire Deposits must be received by 5 p.m. EST two (2) business days before the auction sale date. All ACH Deposits must be initiated by 4 p.m. EST five (5) business days before the auction sale date. It is the responsibility of the bidder to plan ahead and allow enough time for their bidding deposits to be received and processed within the timeframes described above.
- The final payment for the sale MUST be in the form of a cashier’s or certified check payable to the Tuscarawas County Sheriff’s Office. The final payment will be paid at the Sheriff’s Office. Civil Division will contact purchaser upon receiving confirmation of Sale and delivery of deed.
NOTE: TAX FORECLOSURES WILL STILL BE HELD AT THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE IN THE LOBBY ON THURSDAYS AT 10:00
RealAuction will conduct webinar training classes. Training classes will be held via the Internet on a regular schedule. These webinar classes generally last 90 minutes and specifically cover the use of the software. Attendance is by registration only.
For additional information or to register for a webinar, please contact the RealAuction Customer Service at (954) 734-7401 or toll free at (877) 361-7325. Customer Service can also be reached via email at email@example.com.
- We suggest that prospective buyers become pre-approved for their loans.
- Purchaser shall be responsible for costs, allowances, and taxes that proceeds of the sale are insufficient to cover.
- Inside inspections are not done on appraisals. The Sheriff and appraisers are not liable for the condition of the property. The Sheriff’s Office, nor any affiliates, have access to the inside of said property, including appraisals for bank loans.
- Only the real estate taxes as ordered by the Court are paid.
- We do not provide financing.
- We do not provide purchase agreements.
- Houses are not always vacant and the purchaser may need to have an order of possession issued to have the defendants removed at the buyer’s cost.
- If the buyer does not provide the remaining balance due on the property, the buyer could lose his/her down payment and be held in contempt of court.
For more information, please visit: https://tuscarawas.sheriffsaleauction.ohio.gov