Disaster Supply Kit
To create a personal/family emergency plan now before disaster strikes please click here.
This website will help you create your own personalized Household Emergency Plan.
Your household emergency kit should include the necessary supplies to sustain you and your family in your home for at least 3 days. Remember that it may take a significant amount of time for basic services (water, electricity, and telephones) to return to normal.
- Water: 1 gallon per person per day
- Food: Ready-to-eat or just-add-water
- Manual can opener
- First Aid kit
- Essential medications
- Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Radio (battery-operated or manual)
- Cash in small denominations
- A copy of important documents & phone numbers
- Unscented liquid household bleach for water purification
- Personal hygiene items including toilet paper, feminine supplies, and soap
- Sturdy shoes
- Heavy duty gloves
- Warm clothes, a hat and rain gear
- A local map
- Extra prescription eye glasses, hearing aid or other vital personal items
- Plastic sheeting, duct tape, and utility knife for covering broken windows
- Blankets or sleeping bags
- Extra keys to your house and vehicle
- Large plastic bags for waste and sanitation
- Additional items to accommodate children, senior citizens, and those with access and functional needs.
- Don’t forget water and supplies for your pets.
A printable checklist can be found here